Friday, May 30, 2014

Changes to Simplify Things

The "illustration" section of my consolidated website.












Recently I feel so very busy— I'm doing a million things but not doing any of them well. Part of the problem is that the number of websites, online stores, and Facebook / Twitter pages for my creative stuff has gotten a little out of hand. I meant well enough... separating things by genre and audience. However, I've come to the conclusion that running myself ragged trying to market and promote several sites (all for my art) is a bit silly.

I don't think it's bad that I explored all those options... you can't know what works or doesn't until you try it. So it wasn't a wasted journey.

Anyway:

All my art is now here under my usual website: www.juuriart.com

I've put my Japanese-flavored art, my "abstract" art, and my crazy colorful illustrations. That's basically everything I create. I sometimes create random things (like motorcycle & gun art, t-shirt designs, photography, etc) but I realized that I don't have to have a website for everything I do in life. A very clever person once told me that my website should be a curated viewing experience. I've remembered his sage advice now and shall endeavor to live by it.

I'm phasing out my Storenvy shop called "Fash Art Home" and simply keeping one Etsy shop for Japanese art, one Etsy shop for non-objective art. That's all. They are both linked on my website so it shouldn't be too confusing.

I tried Storenvy for awhile and really like the interface and the fact that it's free; however I never got much traffic there anyway and all the spontaneous sales came through Etsy. So, bye-bye to that for now.

Huzzah to simplifications and consolidations! Now that everything's straightened out, I hope I can get to work on some new pieces, whether they are Japanese, abstracts, or just plain old wild sketches. And you can get all that news on one website, one Facebook, and one blog. Just as it should be!

Cheers,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment