Thursday, October 30, 2014

Wanna Be A Billionaire?

Glorious photo from Pinterest.com

 These are the things I'd do if I were a billionaire!

- Sleep in as late as I want
- Do art projects that I like... only projects I choose, no boring stuff
- Travel
- Drink coffee at chic coffee shops and feel like my life is a tumblr
- Eat delicious foods
- Hang out at the pool / hot tub all day and soak up the sun
- Play with lots of cute animals
- Drive an awesome, head-turning vehicle (well, so long as I was staying in a city that necessitated having a car)

Being an artist isn't easy. You have to make your own projects, ideas, and income sources. There's no direct deposit. You often have to be a debt collector and struggle to get paid for things that you should automatically be paid for. You can be sure that the number on my bank account shocks me continually. I could earn more money working at McDonald's. That's not even an exaggeration.

But then, look at what I do every day in my poor artist's life:

- Sleep in till about 10:00 am daily... and work till about 1:30 am
- Do art projects that I like... beautiful Japanese girls and vibrant abstracts!
- Travel to new cities 2-3 times per year, usually including a yearly international trip
- Drink coffee and tea all day long
- Eat out several times a week and also cook delicious new dishes
- Use the Olympic-sized pool and hot tubs at my gym anytime
- Play with my doggie, the cutest beast alive
- Drive a vintage Porsche 944


UH..... notice something?

THE THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A BILLIONAIRE I ALREADY DO EVERY SINGLE DAY.

There are a few other things I would do if I were rich; like live in another zip code, but as I love minimalism and simplicity with all my heart, there wouldn't be too much more. The biggest difference between Now-Me and Billionaire-Me is the number of digits on my banking app.

I wouldn't trade my amazing life for the highest-paying soul-sucking job there is. You know, the type of job that people utterly hate, but they go back to every single hour of every single week of every single year for 40+ years so that someday they could possibly start to do what they like every day?

Dear artists and entrepreneurs, when you start to despair for lack of direct deposit every week, make your two lists. Listen to the stories around you about horrible jobs, horrible bosses, insufferable colleagues, and exhausting office politics.

I can guarantee that you too will see how incredibly close you are already to being the richest person on earth. Count your blessings, and don't ever forget them!

PS. If you're stuck in one of those soul-sucking jobs... realize that you CAN change your fate. If I did it, anyone can!

<3 JUURI

No comments:

Post a Comment