Monday, February 9, 2015

Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come for You - Haters Gonna Hate Edition -

It seems to happen without fail: whenever you're doing something awesome, creative, incredible, out-of-the-box, or different... somebody somewhere will have an issue with it. Now, these moany groanies usually aren't brave enough to come talk to you face-to-face about a legitimate concern. Probably because there is no legitimate concern and all their animosity toward you stems from intense jealousy, insecurity, or plain wrong information (often found inside rumors.) Also: you can tell it's the handiwork of a jelly person when the accusations or complaints about you make no logical sense.)

I'm a naturally demure person and I dislike confrontation. I even have a hard time being firm with telemarketers because I feel so awful about being rude to anybody. So, you can imagine that if I hear that a group of people think badly of me or are actively hatin', it really hurts my feelings and messes up my day more than I'd like to admit. I often wonder what I can do or change to placate everyone so that people won't be mad at me. After thinking about it awhile, I came up with a little test to help myself. Maybe it will help you too when the whingers and moaners come for you.

- What is it that people dislike about me? Is it something bad? If so, fix it in spectacular fashion so they have nothing more to say. Is it something good? If so, do it 1000x better and torture them with pure excellence. 

And here's a little graphic that you can pin on your Pinterest to cheer yourself up on bad days. It cheered me up today.

Cheers,
J