Back from San Diego and LA!


I'm back from my trip to the opening of "Homeroom" at Subtext Gallery in San Diego. The show was great and packed out all night. Here are some of my fave shots from the show.

Standing next to my piece "Happy Now? -Shiawase-."



Got to see Audrey Kawasaki's piece in real life... my first time ever. :P



The pieces there were fabulous, and I got to meet lots of great artists ^^/

Katherine Brannock.



Kelly Vivanco and Christina Conway (who curated the show.)



Sean Mahan, a great artist from Florida. And you can see Yoskay Yamamoto's tiny head sculpture close to my own head.



San Diego itself was gorgeous and inspiring... especially all the amazing succulent plants on Coronado Island! I've got to incorporate more intricate plants into my paintings.



And I got to see dolphins at Imperial Beach! My camera doesn't have a good zoom lens so I couldn't capture their memories, so here is a shot of me bursting with happiness instead.



I also tried to captivate a seagull to no avail.



After all this excitement, we drove up to LA to stay with some friends in SAN MARINO. I know, we somehow didn't get to experience the gritty, dirty side of LA there. (Notice I'm not really complaining.) I got to meet up with my friend Daniel Lim and go to all the legendary galleries like Thinkspace, Copro, WWA, etc. The art was mind-blowing and I was soooo happy to be able to see my holy grail galleries in person. Yayah!





We all had a fab trip and I was sooo sad to leave all the fun and excitement and balmy weather to come back to OK (where I was greeted with blasts of icy wind right in the face. Awesome.) But now, I am excited to get back to work and put to use all the great info I've learned. Perhaps the most inspiring thing I realized is that lofty, amazing opportunities are totally real... you just have to be in the right place to accept them. This might seem like normal information to you, but I'd forgotten about it because of all the depressing outlooks and "can't do" attitudes that I've encountered around here for so long.

Los Angeles certainly is the City of Magic. I can't wait to go back.
Back from San Diego and LA! Back from San Diego and LA! Reviewed by JUURI on 12:16 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.