Materials I Bought in Japan!

I got some fabulous items to use in my artwork whilst in Japan. Check it out! First, I got a pile of kimono magazines. Since I got them at Book Off (used bookstore) they were almost all ridiculously good deals, and most of them are magazines that I couldn't find in the new bookstores. Though they pushed my suitcase to the brink of the acceptable airline checked baggage weight limit, it was worth it! Sooooo many beautiful patterns for my mind~

Photobucket Photobucket

Next up, beautiful oversize origami paper from Tokyu Hands!

Photobucket

"Common, generic" cards for various occasions. They were 100 yen (a little over $1) each. Holla!

Photobucket

The knots are mesmerizing.

Photobucket

I got this beautiful post card set at the Imperial Palace. Thank you, Emperor!

Photobucket Photobucket

Got some gorgeous kimono fabric pieces at a flea market. They belong to fabulous MARO, who runs a lovely kimono blog here. I didn't expect to find both beautiful fabrics and a beautiful new friend at once.

Photobucket Photobucket

And last but not least, I finally had a REAL stamp made for my signature. My handmade one was crumbling to pieces lately. Look how beautiful, how new! La! And that's most of it. You'll see some of these materials creeping into my new artworks. Ciao for now!

Photobucket Photobucket
Materials I Bought in Japan! Materials I Bought in Japan! Reviewed by JUURI on 1:49 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.